Hey everyone, sorry to keep you hanging about yesterday! Steve and I left at about 2:30 to head up there, and luckily, we hit very little traffic on the way. We had plenty of time to grab some lunch from Arby's, and park across the street from the lot. I noticed that a few people were already in line, so we walked over and got in line behind them. I brought some of my Trivial Pursuit cards with me to quiz myself, and the uber-dork next to me asked to see some. Apparently, he had been on Crosswords last year, so they called him to be on this show too.
At about 4pm, two people came out, had us hold up a dry erase board with our name and contestant number on it, and took two pictures. When they got to Steve, he explained that he was just coming with me, and they asked if he wanted to audition too, so he said sure. After a little more time hanging around, we were lead into a trailer and asked to sit while this Kevin Smith lookalike explained everything to us. We filled out our forms and when we were done, it was time to take the test.
The test was easy, I totally rocked it! Out of 19 people who took the test, only 3 failed it, and sadly, Steve was one of them. I felt so badly for him, but when they were reading the questions, I knew he wasn't going to know the answers. Instead, he got to go to the trailer next door and film a question for America's Team. For those who are unfamiliar with the show, the questions asked of the contestants actually come from people who submit videos. They have their own "bank" on the show, and if at the end of the show, they have more money, then they get to split the winnings amongst themselves.
After the test, they took us up to the front of the room in groups of 4 to interview us. They asked basic questions, like where we were from, what our hobbies and interests were, and just general information. After the interview, we play a mock game. Luckily, I was in the last group, so I didn't have to stand up in front of a room full of people. I did pretty well, answered a few questions, and was competitive with my "ringing in," which consisted of us clapping our hands. Unfortunately, everyone in my group was a lawyer, which made me feel like a total idiot.
They are filming on Mondays and Tuesdays for the next 3 weeks, and we were told that we would know if we would be on the Tuesday show by 3pm today. Considering it's 2:56, I'm not holding my breath that I'll be taping a show on Tuesday. I still have two more weeks after that though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get a call. If I don't hear anything by Thanksgiving, well, that's it for my game show career.
No comments:
Post a Comment